Saturday 6 April 2013

The Smiling Man

Emma was still unable to open any doors. She told me she had more than enough power for it but the doors weren't even being forced open, it was as if something was blocking them. She tried for a good while before I heard Tom scream, I looked out of the window and I saw a man, well I say man... I know now it was a Fear. His face... a smile torn into it, I tried to look into his eyes but I couldn't, I just couldn't bring myself look into those eyes. This man... this fear... he's insane, that's the best I can do to explain something so twisted...

It was holding Tom by his neck, quickly tossing him aside before proceeding towards the cabin. I tried to post for someone to help, which apparently went through... But I looked around and the cabin just turned into petals... just flower petals that fell around us into the bed of flowers now surrounding mine and Emma's waist. I couldn't see Tom anymore.

"H-How di-did y-y-you get h-here? it asked us, it was stuttering, not as if it had a hard time looking for the right words or anything, it was more as if it was trying to focus on speaking to us than something else. I couldn't say anything, I feel ashamed for this but I was terrified... I guess Emma was too because I heard nothing from her.

"Y-you are n-not serv-servants of an-any f-f-fear and ar-ar-are not ass-associated with an-any... I-I-I-I don't s-see how y-y-y-you c-co-could get he-here..." it continued and I could've sworn it's grin got wider. It began to walk towards us. "I-I-I'd l-love to l-look inside a-and s-see" it said as it crouched and picked up a large knife from the ground. "I-I'll st-start by remo-removing your ey-eyesssss..." it whispered, it's grin getting wider.

It raised it's knife preparing to kill both me and Emma, I couldn't move, I couldn't comprehend what was happening. As the knife begun to come down, I saw Tom throw himself at it. They stabbed at each other, Tom had a knife like it and they were both taking hits badly. They began to blink around, I don't know if they did it from speed or teleporting, I was more in shock at seeing Tom actually seeming to take it on... a Fear.

It all happened so fast, Tom suddenly blinked in front of me, covered in blood, one of his arms limp, he didn't look to be winning. It was when he looked up at me which made me regain my senses. His face, it was grinning, Tom looked utterly mad... as mad as that Fear.

Tom looked to the side and a door opened before us. "R-run!" he screamed at us before turning to stab at the Fear again. Emma yelled for Tom to come with us, but I... I dragged her through and left him. I left our friend, the one who saved us from that Fear... I just left him. I don't even know why.

...am I a monster?

No comments:

Post a Comment